OzDocsOnline respects the right of patients to keep their medical and personal information private. OzDocsOnline considers your privacy one of our most important priorities and are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal and medical information.
State and Federal laws protect the privacy of your personal information and keep the information collected confidential. OzDocsOnline is bound by these laws and respects Australian Privacy Principles for the handling of personal and health information. To find out about the Australian Privacy Principles, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or go to http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
- OzDocsOnline will only collect information relevant to administering your requests. Only the minimum number of OzDocsOnline staff and contractors, and those persons and entities referred to in section 3 of this policy, will have access to this information, where relevant.
We collect this information directly from you
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
- Your telephone numbers
- The names of your treating medical practitioners
Use and Disclosure
- Information submitted by a patient to OzDocsOnline on a voluntary basis will be used for the purpose for which it was submitted, for such other purposes permitted or required by law, and otherwise with your consent.
OzDocsOnline will not disclose your information to any third party that could be used to identify you or contact you, except:
- where you are a patient, to the medical practitioners (and their practice staff) that you elect to contact and deal with via the OzDocsOnline service;
- where you are a medical practitioner (or staff of a medical practice), to the patients and potential patients that elect to contact and deal with you and your practice via the OzDocsOnline service;
- to our employees, professional advisors or contractors to help us run the OzDocsOnline service;
- for the purposes of delivering medication from our pharmacy partners. Any details shared with Pharmacy partners are contractually protected from use or dissemination and are only shared for the purposes of delivering medication;
- in the event that our business or our assets are acquired by a third party, to that third party (and its advisers and related companies) so that the third party can continue to provide the OzDocsOnline service and contact you; or
- otherwise with your consent or if we are permitted or required to do so by law.
- Any employee, professional advisor, contractor or third party we disclose your personal information to will be bound by contractual obligations of confidentiality.
- There are circumstances where the law authorises disclosure of your information for specific purposes. Such as the investigation of a criminal offence, and in compliance with a search warrant or subpoena.
- We may use your information to update you with changes in the OzDocsOnline service. You may notify your doctor or email OzDocsOnline at at any time, if you do not wish to receive these notices.
- De-identified aggregate information from the system may be used for the purpose of ethical, academic research or for public health and safety with your consent. Any other organisation that is involved with this activity will be bound by the same standard of care as we do ourselves. We enforce this requirement through contractual agreements.
- In accordance with Federal Privacy legislation, disclosure of personal health information may occur to the responsible carer of that person, as in the case of a child, or if the person in question is physically or legally incapable of giving consent to the disclosure or for compassionate reasons, unless there is good evidence of the person's wish to the contrary.
- In accordance with Federal Privacy legislation, disclosure may be necessary to prevent a serious or imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety or to prevent a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
OzDocsOnline will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses are accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you feel that an error has occurred please contact us and we will investigate and take reasonable action to remedy the situation.
OzDocsOnline is committed to the protection of privacy and we endeavour to achieve these ends through quality management of our data and processes.
OzDocsOnline will use techniques and processes, which meet current industry standards (SSL encryption ) to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and confidential./p>
Please note that every endeavour is made to ensure the security aspects of this site, including the physical housing, hardware and software components of the site, and that the webserver is connected to the world wide web with a high security level firewall, and that by using this system you accept this level of security.
- OzDocsOnline will take all reasonable steps to destroy personal information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was given.
- We will only allow your personal information to be accessed by those persons and entities referred to in section 3 of this policy.
- Your requests will be filed as part of your ongoing medical record with the practice.
Access to the information we hold about you
- You can have reasonable access to all the information which you have given us about you and all the information that are relevant to your care and for administering your affairs with us. Please ask your doctor or contact OzDocsOnline office at .
You can request corrections to be made to this information from your doctor or from OzDocsOnline office at
This right is limited in certain circumstances such as
- when access to the information may pose a serious threat to life or health of any individual.
- When access to the information may pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals.
- When legal proceedings relating to this information are anticipated.